Antique hand colored map showing Wards 58 and 59, part of Brookline, Massachusetts, from the Brookline Mass. Atlas by the Sanborn Map Company of New York, 1925. Ward 58: Streets shown in this map are Washington, Waverly, Cypress, Emerson, Elm, Davis, and Thayer. The landmarks in this ward are the Brookline Gospel Chapel, the Brookline Municipal Court House, the Fire Department Headquarters, and the Emerson Garden. The other buildings in this ward are a mixture of stores, workshops, and dwellings or flats. Reverse side of this map shows Ward 59 of Brookline. Streets shown on this side are Sumner Rd., Clark Rd., Boylston, Warren, Walnut, and Kennard Rd. The landmarks in this ward are the Municipal Gymnasium, the Brookline Public Baths, the Brookline Practical Arts School, the Brookline Hills Station and B & A Rail Road, the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, the Park School (private), another private school with gymnasium, and the Brookline Reservoir. The majority of other buildings in this ward are dwellings or flats. This map was added to and corrected over time to update buildings and streets. There are small rectangles of paper with updates glued to the page and the updates were recorded and signed in a table at the front of the atlas. Fair Antique condition; page is wavy, few pencil marks from updates, some light toning at edges, edge has red leather atlas tab and an imprint from another atlas tab. Pencil marking can potentially be removed. Approx. 26.5" x 18".
Antique Hand Colored Map
Maker: Sanborn Map Co.
Maps of Antiquity is located on Cape Cod
Generally open 10-5 Call ahead: 508-945-1660
1409 Main Street (Route 28)
Chatham, Massachusetts 02633