Antique hand colored map showing Wards 84 and 85, part of Brookline, Massachusetts, from the Brookline Mass. Atlas by the Sanborn Map Company of New York, 1925. Ward 84: Streets shown in this map are Chestnut Hill Av., Dean Rd., Eliot, Reservoir Rd., Fairway Rd., Hilltop Rd., and Boylston. The landmarks in this ward are the Heath School, the Fire Dept. Station number 4, and the Water Dept. auxiliary pump station. There is also an area covered over where there was a large complex of buildings that was the Rivers School (private). The majority of the buildings in this ward are dwellings or flats. Reverse side of this map shows Ward 85 of Brookline. Streets shown on this side are Boylston, Eliot, Eliot Crescent, Reservoir Rd., and Heath. The landmarks in this ward are the St. Laurence R.C. Church and hall, and H & T Lyman TRS. The inset shows the western portion of the ward. The majority of buildings in the ward are flats or dwellings. This map was added to and corrected over time to update buildings and streets. There are small rectangles of paper with updates glued to the page and the updates were recorded and signed in a table at the front of the atlas. Fair Antique condition; page is wavy, few pencil marks from updates, some light toning at edges, edge has red leather atlas tab and an imprint from another atlas tab. Pencil marking can potentially be removed. Approx. 26.5" x 18".
Antique Hand Colored Map
Maker: Sanborn Map Co.
Maps of Antiquity is located on Cape Cod
Generally open 10-5 Call ahead: 508-945-1660
1409 Main Street (Route 28)
Chatham, Massachusetts 02633