Antique hand colored map showing Wards 60 and 61, part of Brookline, Massachusetts, from the Brookline Mass. Atlas by the Sanborn Map Company of New York, 1925. Ward 60: Streets shown in this map are Brighton Rd., Clark Rd., Boylston, Kennard, Cushing Rd., Walnut, and Cypress. The landmarks in this ward are the B & A Rail Road at top, and a few stores including a Power Lawn Mower Sales and Service building, an Upholsterer's, and a restaurant. The other buildings in this ward are a mixture of stores, workshops, and dwellings or flats. Reverse side of this map shows Ward 61 of Brookline. Streets shown on this side are Davis Av., Boylston St., Cypress, and Walnut. The landmark in this ward is the E.S. Ritchie and Sons Mfg. Nautical Instruments. E.S. Ritchie patented the first liquid-filled compass and this was the first major compass improvement in several hundred years. His compasses became the standard on all U.S. Navy ships and were widely used by other sailors. The business has since moved to Pembroke MA. and is called Ritchie Navigation. The other buildings in this ward are a mixture of stores, workshops, and dwellings or flats. This map was added to and corrected over time to update buildings and streets. There are small rectangles of paper with updates glued to the page and the updates were recorded and signed in a table at the front of the atlas. Fair Antique condition; page is wavy, few pencil marks from updates, some light toning at edges, edge has red leather atlas tab and an imprint from another atlas tab. Pencil marking can potentially be removed. Approx. 26.5" x 18".
Antique Hand Colored Map
Maker: Sanborn Map Co.
Maps of Antiquity is located on Cape Cod
Generally open 10-5 Call ahead: 508-945-1660
1409 Main Street (Route 28)
Chatham, Massachusetts 02633