Antique hand colored map showing Wards 24 and 25, part of Brookline, Massachusetts, from the Brookline Mass. Atlas by the Sanborn Map Company of New York, 1925. Ward 24: Streets shown in this map are Verndale, Kenwood, Russell, Columbia, Thorndike, and Harvard. The landmarks in this ward are the Coolidge Playground, a filling station, a chapel, and two undertakers. Most of the buildings in this ward are dwellings or flats, excluding some storefronts on Harvard. Reverse side of this map shows Ward 25 of Brookline. Streets shown on this side are Thorndike, Coolidge, Fuller, Williams, Centre, Winchester, and Harvard. The landmarks in this ward are the Wynchester Gardens, the Temple Kehllath Israel with attached auditorium and community house, the chapel and conjoined undertaker on Harvard and Fuller, the Private rest home on Coolidge, and the Dog Hospital also on Coolidge. There are also many stores along Harvard. This map was added to and corrected over time to update buildings and streets. There are small rectangles of paper with updates glued to the page and the updates were recorded and signed in a table at the front of the atlas. Fair Antique condition; page is wavy, few pencil marks from updates, some light toning at edges, edge has red leather atlas tab and an imprint from another atlas tab. Pencil marking can potentially be removed. Approx. 26.5" x 18".
Antique Hand Colored Map
Maker: Sanborn Map Co.
Maps of Antiquity is located on Cape Cod
Generally open 10-5 Call ahead: 508-945-1660
1409 Main Street (Route 28)
Chatham, Massachusetts 02633