Antique hand colored map showing Wards 14 and 15, part of Brookline, Massachusetts, from the Brookline Mass. Atlas by the Sanborn Map Company of New York, 1925. Ward 14: Streets shown in this map are Thatcher, Crowninshield, Freeman, Browne, Pleasant, Still, and St. Paul. There are many landmarks in this ward such as Winthrop Square, the Dexter Private School, St. Aidan's R. C. Church, St. Aidan's Parochial School with Shrine, Library and Hall, a Sister's Home, and a Play House with frame gables. Reverse side of this map shows Ward 15 of Brookline. Streets shown on this side are Thatcher, Ewe, Freeman, St. Paul, Powell, Browne, and Amory. The landmarks in this ward are Knyvet Square at top and a group of flats with auto stalls at center. The majority of the buildings in this ward are frame buildings or brick buildings. They are all dwellings or flats. This map was added to and corrected over time to update buildings and streets. There are small rectangles of paper with updates glued to the page and the updates were recorded and signed in a table at the front of the atlas. Fair Antique condition; page is wavy, few pencil marks from updates, some light toning at edges, edge has red leather atlas tab and an imprint from another atlas tab. Pencil marking can potentially be removed. Approx. 26.5" x 18".
Antique Hand Colored Map
Maker: Sanborn Map Co.
Maps of Antiquity is located on Cape Cod
Generally open 10-5 Call ahead: 508-945-1660
1409 Main Street (Route 28)
Chatham, Massachusetts 02633